Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grace Update

No pictures...Grace does not allow pictures.
One day Terry & I went there and Terry bought her a coke.
We went into the activity room and found that they have a Wii.
I told Grace that her and Terry should play it and I'd take their
picture for the blog. She turned and left. No Wii and no picture.

Last time we went, we brought Smarties. She really likes those.
We gave one box to her 90 year old smoking buddy, who Grace
wheels in and out for a smoke. We told Grace to share them with
her friends, so she offered many people Smarties while we were there.
One resident came right into Grace's room, sat on the bed, grabbed
the box of Smarties and starting eating. Grace let her, then took her
hand and guided her out of the room.

Some things you should know:
Sometimes she can't answer the phone if you call because she is
busy breathing.
Those people aren't dead, they are just laying there.
The bird died.
Baths are NOT necessary.
The hair dresser laughs too much.
If there is a worker she doesn't like, she'll tell you so - Really Loud!

Overall, I think she is doing very well and the workers really enjoy her.
She has gained weight over the winter, because I think she has become
quite inactive and has been well fed. If she is grumpy to me one day,
the next time I go she says "Well, I still love you" and I say, "I love
you too, Grace!"

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Thanks for the update! You have gotten to know Grace well. Of course no Wii and pictures if you suggest it! Loved the list!! Thanks again for all you are doing for her. Bless your kind hearts!!

Eraina said...

That was really funny. I alos love the pictures of hte boat - it's so pretty up there :)! We need to come in the summer...

Karin said...

Thank you for the Grace update! It was a great read! :)